Web Development vs App Development: Which one is Best Today?
In this article we will discuss web development vs android development. We also highlight the advantages, comparison, and related skills. Start with the most basic question to understand the web development and android development :
What is web and mobile app development?
Web development is the process associated with developing websites for the Internet (World Wide Web) or an intranet (a private network). This process includes web design, web content development, client-side/server-side scripting, and network security configuration, among other tasks.
Mobile app development is the work involved in developing a mobile app for mobile devices, such as personal digital assistants, enterprise digital assistants or mobile phones.
Which is better app development or web development?
Web apps are less expensive to develop than mobile apps. Mobile apps are platform- specific and you need to learn Java and XML to build Android Application. Mobile apps are much faster than web apps, and more advanced in features and functionality.
Is Web development easier than mobile development?
Difference Between Web Development And Android Development
Now, we will discuss the difference between web development and android development.
|The role of Android Developer is designing applications for the Android Play Store.An Android Developer’s job is creating the apps we use on our Android-powered smartphones and tablets.
|A Web Developer is a Software Developer who specializes in designing, coding and modifying websites, according to a client’s specifications.
|An android development requires the knowledge of JAVA, Kotlin, C/C++, and XML as well as Python.
|Android Development require database to store data within application
|Web development also requires databases to store contents and some vital data of users.
|Android applications installed on Android phones via APKs
Pros And Cons of Web Development
Now, we will discuss the pros and cons of web development.
PROS Of Web Development:
- The web development community is very collaborative and their developers are solving problems every day as well as sharing their work through open-source.
- Web development has a vast job market and expands every day.
- Web apps are developed with well-known programming languages among IT professionals such as HTML and CSS.
- Web development applications are not downloaded and installed from app stores like Google Play or Apple’s App Store. A direct free web app link is money-saving.
CONS Of Web Development:
- Web developers need to stay updated with the latest trends.
- Most web developers have to deal with clients who have no knowledge about websites, they expect a back-end developer to do the job of a front-end developer and vice versa, it can get difficult to make a client understand what they want for their website.
Pros And Cons of App Development:
Here is the list of Pros and Cons Of App Development:
- Budget-friendly option
- Technical resources and expertise
- 24/7 Support
- Time maximization
- Endangering data privacy
- Inability to control every sphere of development
- Expensive minor changes
- Communication gap
Responsive Web Design vs. Mobile App Development
Following points gives better understanding of Responsive Web Design vs. Mobile App Development
Responsive Web Design VS. Mobile App Development.
- If we talk about compatibility then the mobile version of the site is equally displayed in all browsers, regardless of the device model.
- It has a great audience because responsive web design needs access to the Internet, despite the device model.
- Just you need to pay for domain and hosting.
- Easy to use, no need of download and installation.
- Working offline availability is not available for all devices.
Mobile App Development:
- If we talk about compatibility then the mobile app development requires the development of several applications for various platforms.
- Its audience includes only smartphones and tablets users.
- You need to pay for developer licenses in the app stores.
- You have to download and install it.
- Working offline is possible